Welcome to Monkfrith from the school governing body.
Our role is to work with the school to help raise standards of achievement and to promote the well-being of our pupils. Every member of the governing body has a special connection with the school and that’s why we are all passionate about supporting the school and maintaining the wonderful reputation of Monkfrith pupils across the local community. The governing body:
- Is accountable for the performance of the school
- Helps shape the school’s future direction
- Monitors and reviews the performance of the school
- Makes decisions about the school’s budget and staffing
- Ensures the school provides for all its pupils, including those with special needs
- Advises on how the school can ensure the welfare of all pupils through good moral and cultural development
As a body we meet termly to discuss the strategic direction of the school, review performance and discuss the implementation of new initiatives that support the school’s ambition of continuous improvement. We also have three smaller committees that meet termly to discuss specific issues that fall under the following categories; finance, pupil progress and welfare and resources. The governing body is made up of teacher governors, co-opted governors, local authority governors and parent governors. Parent governors, in particular, are in a unique position to give constructive feedback on how effective the school is being in delivering the curriculum and providing a safe and enriching environment for its pupils.
Members: Jonathan Bruck (committee chair), Jude Deasey, Janet Frost, Simone Roberts, Cllr Kathy Levine, Rita Parmar
Pupil Progress & Welfare
Members: Louiza Tsioupra (committee chair) Jude Deasey, Simone Roberts, Fran Siekkeris, Carolyn Hudson, Rita Parmar
Members: James Burton Lee (committee chair), Simone Roberts, Jonathan Bruck, Janet Frost, Jude Deasey, Jess Russell, Carolyn Hudson, Fran Siekkiris
Please click below to see governors’ attendance for 2017, areas of responsibility and terms of office.
* It has been recorded that the head teacher who has financial responsibility has declared pecuniary interests relating to a family member being employed by the school. No other pecuniary interests have been declared.