Welcome to Monkfrith from the school governing body.
Our role is to work with the school to help raise standards of achievement and to promote the well-being of our pupils. Every member of the governing body has a special connection with the school and that’s why we are all passionate about supporting the school and maintaining the wonderful reputation of Monkfrith pupils across the local community. The governing body:
- Is accountable for the performance of the school
- Helps shape the school’s future direction
- Monitors and reviews the performance of the school
- Makes decisions about the school’s budget and staffing
- Ensures the school provides for all its pupils, including those with special needs
- Advises on how the school can ensure the welfare of all pupils through good moral and cultural development
As a body we meet termly to discuss the strategic direction of the school, review performance and discuss the implementation of new initiatives that support the school’s ambition of continuous improvement. We also have three smaller committees that meet termly to discuss specific issues that fall under the following categories; finance, pupil progress and welfare and resources. The governing body is made up of teacher governors, co-opted governors, local authority governors and parent governors. Parent governors, in particular, are in a unique position to give constructive feedback on how effective the school is being in delivering the curriculum and providing a safe and enriching environment for its pupils.
Members: Jonathan Bruck (committee chair), Jeanette Adak, Janet Frost, Simone Roberts, Cllr Kathy Levine
Pupil Progress & Welfare
Members: Rita Parmar (committee chair) Jeanette Adak, Janet Frost, Simone Roberts, Andie Ross, Jonathan Bruck, Anthea Inchenko
Members: James Burton Lee (committee chair) Jeanette Adak, Simone Roberts, Jonathan Bruck, Andie Ross, Janet Frost, Rita Parmar, Jess Russell
Please click below to see governors’ attendance for 2016, areas of responsibility and terms of office.
* It has been recorded that two governors / staff members with financial responsibility have declared pecuniary interests relating to family members being temporarily employed by the school. No other pecuniary interests have been declared.