A welcome from Friends of Monkfrith School (FOMS)
Who are FOMS?
FOMS is the parent teacher association (PTA) of Monkfrith School and is a registered charity that runs to support the activities of Monkfrith school. All parents, guardians, carers and teachers are members of the association. We have a Committee of parents who are at the heart of planning events and making decisions aimed at best supporting the school with the funds we have raised. We also have charity trustees who ensure FOMS complies with its constitution including acting in a responsible way to help achieve its two central charitable aims. These are:
- To fundraise for the school to provide some of the extras that the school budget cannot otherwise cover
- To contribute to building the sense of community we have at Monkfrith by putting on fun events and supporting other school events
How does FOMS benefit the school?
FOMS is an integral part of the school community and has, over many years, raised and spent thousands of pounds on equipment and resources which have enhanced our children’s learning and educational experience. In addition to fundraising activities, FOMS exists to provide closer links between home and school, and also encourages staff, parents and friends to come together and support the school and its activities, thus enhancing the overall community spirit of the school.
What events do FOMS run throughout the year?
FOMS organise a number of events and activities throughout the year to bring the school community together and raise vital funds. Our events include, s, quiz nights, summer fairs, discos, Christmas activities, festive cards and fairs, Easter tea-parties, cake sales and coffee mornings and bingo nights.
How do FOMS support Monkfrith School?
Over the years, FOMS has funded and contributed to a wide range of resources, services, equipment and activities. Including:
- Outdoor playing equipment
- Books for classes and for the library
- Theatre performances and children’s entertainment
- Music lessons
- Swimming lessons
- Art resources
- New chairs for the hall
- Arbor school-families parent communication platform, Arbour
- Funding a musician to run a song writing workshop
- Enrichment activities – skating sessions, art workshops, minibeast experience
How you can get involved?
We need your help! The only way we can raise funds and bring people together is with the help of families, businesses and staff. There are lots of ways you can get involved!
- Here are some examples: Come to our events and take part in our activities! It is a great opportunity to have fun, meet other parents and support the school.
- Join our Committee! We are a friendly team of parents who enjoy planning events and activities and being part of the greater school community.
- Volunteer your time to help set up and run events.
- Local businesses/business owners and your employer can support by: – Sponsoring key events
– Donating raffle prizes.
– Match funding an Event or individual stall.
– Voluteer as part of your organsiation’s employees volunteering schemedonating employee time to volunteer e.g. ‘Give a Day’
- Easyfunding – Register at https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/friendsofmonkfrith/ or download the Easyfundraising app
and select Friends of Monkfrith School as the cause you’d like donations to go to, then start shopping! Donations will be raised at no extra cost to you.
- Payroll giving – the tax-efficient and easy way of donating to FOMS through your salary
- Be a class representative and liaise between FOMS and your class parent group.
- Organise a class-wide event in support of FOMS.
If you would like to know more about FOMS or would like to get involved, please email the team at
Luke Louca – Treasurer